As Hobart’s largest conference facility, we’re lucky enough to work with some of the best minds in Australia to help bring their event to Hobart. Part of this process is conducting site inspections to help our clients find the best fit for their event with us.
So what are some of the top questions we get asked? Read on to find out more…..
- How many conference spaces?11 in total which includes a 1,100pax auditorium, trade space for 125 booths and 8 breakout spaces.
- How many accommodation rooms? And, how many rooms can we take as a block?244 accommodation rooms’ onsite over three room categories (Mountain Side, Harbour View and Executive Suites). We are happy to offer managed blocks of up to 180 rooms per night, subject to availability of course.
For more information go to the Hotel Grand Chancellor’s Official website.
- Who are your in-house suppliers?For audio-visual, we recommend Scene Change Hobart. Contact Damien or Adam on 03 6234 2266 to talk about how to add some magic to your next event. For all your exhibition needs, the team at ExpoTas are your go to in Hobart. Phone Rod on 03 6229 7177 to start the expo ball rolling.
- How high is the ceiling in the Federation Ballroom and is the carpet included?We’re pleased to say that yes, the carpet is included at no additional cost. The ceiling height for this space is 5.2m and yes, it is possible to rig signage, screens, etc from the ceiling.
- So how do you manage dietaries / tailoring menus?We take the management of dietary requirements very seriously and have various strategies in place to ensure ALL delegates attending your event feel well cared for and don’t leave hungry. Depending on the specific dietary requests and the number of requirements at your event, we will tailor a menu and service plan to ensure all dietary needs are meet seamlessly.Given the serious nature of this question, we encourage you to talk with our team further so we can give you as much information as we can that’s relevant to your event.
- Can we display our signage?Of course, you can. We just ask that you let us know your plans so we can ensure it doesn’t impact on our other guests’ time at the hotel.
- Cabaret capacity for function spacesClick here to check out the capacity chart for all rooms in all room sets.
- Give me an example of your worst event ever and how you saved the day?Let’s be honest, we’ve had a few over the years but we’ll never tell. What happens at a conference stays at the conference!
- What’s the best event you’ve ever done?There are too many to pick a favourite but talk to our team and we can give you some great ideas on how you can ‘borrow’ from some of the big success stories we’ve had over the years.