Renowned as Australia’s gourmet island, Tasmania has recently raised the bar once again as the must-visit destination for delegates who want to experience the freshest produce and amazing beverages available.
With International awards for our Whisky, Gin, Vodka and Wines not to mention our cheese, oysters, salmon and truffles, the big question is, where to do you start your delegates Tasmanian gourmet adventure?
You could simply pop some local wines, beers and ingredients on your menu and no doubt your delegates would be super happy. But here are some ideas to take it to the next level:
- The Gin Bar – There are more gins in Hobart than you could poke a bottle of tonic at so let us craft a gin bar experience with a variety of gins and mixers. We’ll get the distillers along to entertain your guests and tell them stories of how the gin is made. What about if we engaged a local distiller to put together a gin blend just for you?
- Fire, beer and whisky – We work with a local craft brewery, within walking distance, to put on a welcome cocktail with a real local feel. Think an industrial backdrop complete with fire pits, American style BBQ, craft beer and a whisky bar for tastings.
- Dinner in the Round – A unique experience of your guests dining in a circle with images of the produce origins. We will serve you a five-course each matched with local beverages, wine, beer, cider and whisky. Take your delegates on a tour of Tasmania’s food and wines without leaving the City.
- A Night at the Museum – Just across the road, TMAG (Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery) has an amazing hall full of antiquities and a stunning backdrop for a dinner or cocktail. We’ve got ideas at the ready on how you can bring this space to life.
- The Market – We bring a panel of local producers to your event. Salmon, oysters, cheese, cider, whisky & wine set up as a market-style tasting experience for your delegates. As your guests meet the makers, we will serve dishes made from the makers produce to complement the experience.
There’s such much variety of accompaniments and experience to flavour your event that just reeks of the destination and whereby you can even count the food mile just on two hands.
If you’ve got an idea or you’ve been inspired by how you could include Tasmania into your event – we would love to talk about it with and help you on your way to get a Taste of Tassie for your delegates to experience